Friday, July 01, 2005

Cocktail of the Week: Red White and Blue Cocktail

Red White and Blue Cocktail : UK > Drink Recipes > Red White and Blue (shooter recipe).

I never make shots, but I probably should have a few in my repertoire. I really couldn't pass this up due to the picture, the pending holliday, and the irony of finding this at a UK based cocktail site.

  • 1 part grenadine
  • 1 part peach schnappes
  • 1 part blue curacao
Pour each slowly and carfully into the shotglass in order (red, white, then blue). I might experiment with something stronger and less sweet than the schnappes in the center, but I don't know if the curacao will float on vodka, tequila, or rum (don't think gin would be right). On the other hand, if I were to find some UV blue raspberry vodka, I could swap out the curacao and still get the effect.

Here are a couple more patriotic looking drinks from Cocktail Times

"Yankee Doodle
- 1 part UV Blue Raspberry-flavored vodka
- 2 parts sour
- 1 part tonic

Pour vodka, sour and tonic into a rocks glass over ice. Stir and serve.

Patriotic Punch
- 1 part UV Red Cherry-flavored vodka
- 3 parts lemonade

Pour the ingredients into a rocks glass over ice. Stir and serve. "

No comments: